Hing Fat Flower Market Limited, ("Hing Fat Flower Market Limited", "us", "our", “the Company” and "we"), respect the privacy rights of visitors to the Company’s website and of individuals who participate in, access or sign up to any of the Company's services, activities or online content (collectively referred to as "Services"). We endeavor to ensure that all our collection, transmission, storage and usage of personal data shall be carried out in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap 486 of the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("PDPO").
We are the operator of this website, and a provider of a range of services thereto. We provide a platform where we may list offers for local services, goods and travel which are made available by us or other sellers (collectively: “Sellers”). This Privacy Statement applies to information we collect through our website, electronic communications or services or other websites we offer and that link to or specifically reference the applicability of this Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Site”).
We will routinely update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices and to reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when we add new services, functionality or features to the Site. If we make any material changes we will notify you, either by email (sent to the email address specified in your account), by means of notice on the Site or otherwise. You can determine when this version of the Privacy Statement was adopted by referring to the “Effective Date” above.).
The term "personal data" shall have the meaning ascribed to it by PDPO.
Purpose Of Collection And Use Of Personal Data
Personal data collected from you may be used by the Company for:
- identifying you and any accounts you hold with us
- enabling the provision of the Services to you
- conducting identity verification and/or credit checks
- processing of payment instructions or collection of amounts outstanding from you in relation to the provision of the Services
- order processing, billing and fulfilment
- direct marketing of the Services
- direct marketing of the products and services of the Company’s business partners
- designing services for you
- conducting research, statistical analysis and behavioral analysis
- conducting program viewership survey and analysis
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
- customising the Site and its content to your particular preferences
- provisioning of customer services
- handling your complaints and account enquiries
- fraud prevention and detection
- making such disclosures as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations
- any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected
Types Of Personal Data Collected
Types of personal data collected by the Company may include:
- Your personal information and contact information such as your name, gender, date of birth, identity card number, telephone number, social media contact, email address, residential address, mailing address, and billing address;
- Your business information such as company name and employee identity document;
- Your account details, including first and last 4 digits of credit card account numbers, or user accounts;
- Your household income range, and personal interest; and
- IP address, real-time geographic location data, browser settings, browsing records, and/or other Internet log information of your computer or mobile device.
Confidentiality, Disclosure And Security Of Personal Data
The Company does not trade your personal information and contact information for gain without your written consent. All personal data collected and held by the Company will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for the Company to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for the Company to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or organisations;
- Company’s associated companies, contractors, agents, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services, or other service operators, who are involved in the sale and marketing, administration or provision of the Services;
- Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including a member of its group of companies, IT consultants, data processors, auditors, accountants, or lawyers, which has undertaken to keep such information confidential; and
- Banks, financial institutions, credit card issuing companies or debt collection agencies.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to our website, or any part of the site by you will be considered as voluntarily provided to the Company on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development and marketing of services and to meet user needs.
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by the Company is stored in a secure and safe place.
All personal data which we collect is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
Transfer Of Personal Data Outside Hong Kong
If necessary, the Company may transfer the personal data to places outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for carrying out the purposes, or the directly related purposes, for which the personal data were collected. All the transfer of those personal data will be carried out in compliance with the requirements of the PDPO.
Retention Of Personal Data
Unless there is a mandatory legal requirement for us to keep your personal data for a specified period, we will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
The Company intends to use the personal data collected from you in direct marketing and the Company requires your consent for that purpose. Your name, telephone number, email address, contact address, social media contact, products and service portfolio information, transaction pattern and behavior, browsing records, content viewing habits, and personal interest held by the Company may be used by the Company in direct marketing of the Services and the following classes of products or services offered by the Company’s business partners or the registered merchants of Hing Fat Flower Market Limited, including mother and baby, beauty and health, electronics, fashion, food and beverage, household, lifestyle, sports, telecommunications, media and entertainment, which may be of interest to you.
We may contact you by mail, telephone, social media, SMS, text/picture/video message, fax, email. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time by updating your preferences through your registered account or a unsubscribe link provided. Upon receipt of your request, we shall cease to so use your personal data without charge to you.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website
- obtain information about your preferences, viewing and browsing behavior, online movements and use of the Internet
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our Services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our business partners and advertisers more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable
- enable tighter security
Data Access And Correction
1/F., 58 Flower Market Road, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
For the attention of: Personal Data Officer
The Company reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for complying with a data access request as permitted by the PDPO.
If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.